I am excited to share with you that I am volunteering to be a part of the Habitat for Humanity Campus Chapter at Elmhurst College! This year, the group is celebrating its 19th year of making a difference within communities around the United States. During the first year, only 10 students were involved with Habitat for Humanity. So many years later, the organization has grown to be over 10 times larger.
In the past, we have focused our energies on alternative spring break travel. In an effort to provide more opportunities for work with Habitat for Humanity International, this year we have added local building in DuPage County, IL and increased our involvement with fundraising for the local Habitat affiliate. Additionally, we are offering our first alternative winter break trip, sending 15 Habitaters to San Diego, CA during January. During spring break, we will again send out 100 Habitaters from Elmhurst College to build houses for families in need. This year, we will be traveling to four locations – Americus, GA; Taos, NM; Johns Island, SC; and Biloxi, MS.
In order to make this happen, our organization needs to raise $20,000. I am asking you to help make a difference by providing financial support. With your donation, you will help by providing:
· Housing and meals for volunteers
· Transportation – both local and across the county and to Habitat worksites
· Supplies needed for volunteering on a Habitat home.
Please support me so I can help those with the most need.
· Online donations can be made at https://secure.elmhurst.edu/giving. To insure the donation gets to us please go to bottom of “Gift Information” section and put the amount you would like to donate under “other” and specify “HABITAT FOR HUMANITY”.
· Donation checks can be made payable to Elmhurst College - Habitat for Humanity or you can make a donation by credit card. For either form of payment, please complete the enclosed donation slip so that your donation can be properly processed. I have enclosed an addressed return envelope for your convenience. Remember, your donation is tax deductible and greatly appreciated!
Elmhurst College Habitat for Humanity Chapter
Posted by Habitat For.